Audiovisual - Key points

Are you planning to use copyrighted audiovisual material in your work?

  • For teaching and learning, you can often rely on the statutory license to copy and communicate materials. See the teaching and learning section for more information.

  • If you are planning to publish copyrighted audiovisual material, you’ll need to learn about the different types of material and the considerations and permissions required to use them. See the research and publishing section for more information.

  • For an event at Curtin, you may be able to rely on the statutory license. See the performances & events section for more information.

  • For research and study, you might be able to rely on “fair dealing” copyright exceptions to copy material. See the copying for research and study section

  • For more information about using audiovisual material in teaching or for publication, please see the Copyright Decision Tool .